Hiring: Vending Assistant for Riotfest!
We're looking for someone in the Chicago area to help us out with vending at Riotfest September 15th - 17th 2017 (possibility of setup help needed for a short period on the 14th as well).
You'll be helping two of us run our booth since we'll be travelling there with a 9 month old baby and have done this enough times now to know that we won't both be able to devote enough attention to sales at all times! You'll always be one of 2 people manning the booth, never left to fend for yourself. You'll be helping with set up and takedown, dealing one on one with customers taking cash and card payments, doing whatever small amounts of inventory management are possible in a busy festival retail environment.
The festival takes place in Douglas park and runs from noon til 10 PM each day. You'll be needed from 11:30 until approx. 8:30 PM each day. Along with the job comes a vendor wristband which allows you access into the festival. You'll have a one hour break each day and we shut down the booth before the headliners, so you'll be able to see the headlining bands (NIN, Queens of the Stone Age and Jawbreaker) and possibly a few others during the course of the weekend, however you won't necessarily be able to choose a time for your break so please don't count on seeing any bands other than the headliners!
- Familiarity with Stay Home Club's products
- Past retail experience - even better would be past experience vending merch at concerts and/or craft fairs
- Familiarity with Shopify POS
- Not too annoyed by babies
- Not easily frazzled by large crowds all asking you questions at the same time!
- You don't mind a bit of heavy lifting / the annoying parts of booth setup like putting up tent sidewalls and crap like that.
You must have your own transportation to and from the festival each day.
This is, of course, a paid gig.
Interested? Please email email@example.com with your CV and any relevant details! We'll be conducting interviews over Skype woooooo.